Shay Tender Sill
It's been nearly a year since the tender frame was constructed. I've now started to paint the tender and decided that it'd be nice to finish the end sill so that all the structural parts could be painted.
This part of the project required much more effort than anticipated including the ~8000 mile trip to get the wood.
Update: During the first test run at the track i found that the foot boards dragged on something so I raised then 1/2" on both the tender and the mainframe. This adjustment was don by cutting 1/2" off the top of the hanger and then using the remaining hole in each bracket as the top hole. A second lower hole was then drilled in each bracket.